About the Team
Maine’s Disaster Behavioral Health Response Team (DBHRT) is a statewide team of trained volunteers who respond locally to help minimize the impact of disasters and public health emergencies. Volunteers can work within healthcare and school facilities, walking through neighborhoods, providing services to impacted family and friends at local reception centers and FEMA Services Centers.
Kathleen is part of the Maine CDC Public Health Emergency Preparedness (PHEP) team and serves as the Director, Disaster Behavioral Health. Previously, she worked as a clinician for an Alaska Native tribe in a Southeast Alaska remote village. She loved the experience of learning about their native culture, language and dance.
Ed is part of the Maine CDC Public Health Emergency Preparedness (PHEP) team and serves as the Volunteer Management Coordinator. He began serving as the Volunteer Management Coordinator in November 2017. In this role he manages all State of Maine volunteer initiatives as they relate to PHEP. Ed graduated from Dartmouth College with a degree in Environmental Studies. Shortly thereafter, he began a diverse career path that saw him serve as Strategic Marketing Consultant for IDEXX Laboratories, District Executive for the Boy Scouts of America, and Staff Analyst for L.L.Bean’s Corporate Security Department. In 2016 he also founded a company to help outdoors-oriented youth organizations improve both their programming and administration. Directly before joining AdCare, Ed served as volunteer Team Leader with the Maine Medical Reserve Corps for “Central” District 5. Ed has a passion for outdoor recreation and education, and he fulfilled a lifelong dream by completing the New England portion of the Appalachian Trail over the summer of 2010.
Maine Responds is a partnership that integrates resources to assist our public health and healthcare systems. It is part of a national initiative to train, coordinate, and mobilize volunteers during an emergency.
- Kathleen W., Management (Augusta)
- Victoria W., Social Worker (Bath)
- Anne O., Social Worker (Clinton)
- Robert C., Mental Health Counselor (Cumberland Foreside)
- Robert P. (Farmington)
- Melanie S, General Human Services (Lewsiton)
- Lynne M., Behavioral Health Professional (Madison)
- Amy T., Social Worker (Manchester)
- Anne B., Social Worker (New Gloucester)
- Solomon Y., Mental Health Counselor (Scarborough)
- Ruth J., Substance Abuse and Behavioral Disorders Counselor (Searport)
- Jacquelyn D., Social Worker (Trenton)
- Kimberly M., Substance Abuse and Behavioral Disorders Counselor (Waterville)
- Tiffany M. (Wilton)
- Marylena C. Mental Health Counselor (Wilton)
- Phyllis W., Substance Abuse and Behavioral Disorders Counselor (Windham)
- Joanne L., EMT (Winthrop)
- Mark A., Substance Abuse and Behavioral Disorders Counselor (Winthrop)
If you’re a Disaster Behavioral Health Response Team (DBHRT) team member and don’t see your name listed above, please go to www.MaineResponds.org and register today.