About the Team
Maine’s Disaster Behavioral Health Response Team (DBHRT) is a statewide team of trained volunteers who respond locally to help minimize the impact of disasters and public health emergencies. Volunteers can work within healthcare and school facilities, walking through neighborhoods, providing services to impacted family and friends at local reception centers and FEMA Services Centers.
Megan Salois, LSW, Disaster Behavioral Health Coordinator
Megan is part of the Maine CDC Public Health Emergency Preparedness (PHEP) team and serves as the Disaster Behavioral Health Coordinator. Previously, she worked in social services field for over 11 years, primarily in community and residential settings; she most recently worked with emergency planning in long-term care facilities as well as crisis management and resolution in behavioral health residential homes. Megan holds a license in social work and a certification as a Mental Health Rehabilitation Technician-Crisis Service Provider. She completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology and a Master’s Degree in Family Therapy. In her spare time, Megan enjoys kayaking, art, and caring for her pets. Megan looks forward to beginning this new journey in this role and with the PHEP team.
Mercedes (Sadie) Faucher
Sadie is part of the Maine CDC Public Health Emergency Preparedness (PHEP) team and serves as the Medical Volunteer Coordinator. Sadie has eight years of experience in volunteer management and mass mobilization at the local and state level in Florida, Georgia, Massachusetts, Maine, and New Hampshire. Most recently, Sadie was in-charge of Maine’s largest poll worker recruitment and non-partisan election observation program. She is excited to take her experience working with volunteers in the non-profit sector into this position. Sadie currently resides in Thomaston, Maine. On her off days, you can find her hiking a mountain or trail.
- Victoria W., Social Worker (Bath)
- Anne O., Social Worker (Clinton)
- Robert C., Mental Health Counselor (Cumberland Foreside)
- Robert P. (Farmington)
- Melanie S, General Human Services (Lewsiton)
- Lynne M., Behavioral Health Professional (Madison)
- Amy T., Social Worker (Manchester)
- Anne B., Social Worker (New Gloucester)
- Solomon Y., Mental Health Counselor (Scarborough)
- Ruth J., Substance Abuse and Behavioral Disorders Counselor (Searport)
- Jacquelyn D., Social Worker (Trenton)
- Kimberly M., Substance Abuse and Behavioral Disorders Counselor (Waterville)
- Tiffany M. (Wilton)
- Marylena C. Mental Health Counselor (Wilton)
- Phyllis W., Substance Abuse and Behavioral Disorders Counselor (Windham)
- Joanne L., EMT (Winthrop)
- Mark A., Substance Abuse and Behavioral Disorders Counselor (Winthrop)
If you’re a Disaster Behavioral Health Response Team (DBHRT) team member and don’t see your name listed above, please go to www.MaineResponds.org and register today.