Mental Health Technology Transfer Center Network (MHTTC)
- Responding to COVID-19: highlights products and resources that can be useful when coping with the effects of widespread public health crises.
- Recorded webinar – “Substance Use Disorder Services in the Days of a Pandemic: You Need A Bigger Boat!” – Provided by: The Great Lakes ATTC, MHTTC and PTTC, funded by SAMHSA
Addiction Technology Transfer Center Network (ATTC) Resources
- ATTC Pandemic Response Resources – SAMHSA recognizes the challenges posed by the current COVID-19 situation and is providing guidance and resources to assist individuals, providers, communities, and states across the country.
- Compassion Fatigue and the Behavioral Health Workforce Curriculum Infusion Package – This 5-part Curriculum Infusion Package (CIP) on Compassion Fatigue and the Behavioral Health Workforce was developed in 2020 by the Pacific Southwest Addiction Technology Transfer Center (PSATTC). Part 1 provides a brief overview of the behavioral health workforce and associated shortages, and introduces the demands on the workforce. Part 2 focuses on compassion fatigue and secondary traumatic stress. Part 3 provides a brief overview of how organizations can help individuals avoid experiencing burnout. Part 4 focuses on actions that behavioral health professionals can take to prevent compassion fatigue. And Part 5 focuses on self-care as an ethical duty in order to manage compassion fatigue.
- Telehealth Learning Series – The Addiction Technology Transfer Center (ATTC) Network, the Center for Excellence on Protected Health Information (CoE-PHI), the National Consortium of Telehealth Resource Centers, and the Center for the Application of Substance Abuse Technologies (CASAT) at the University of Nevada – Reno (UNR) are facilitating a FREE, national online discussion and resource sharing opportunity for substance use disorder (SUD) treatment providers and peer support specialists faced with transitioning their services to the use of telephone and videoconferencing methods in response to COVID-19 social distancing guidelines
Serious Mental Illness (SMI) Adviser Resources
- Resources on COVID-19 and Serious Mental Illness
- Education Activities about COVID-19
- COVID-19 Resources
Center of Excellence for Protected Health Information – Focus-PHI
While the CoE-PHI develops tools and resources to increase healthcare organization and provider awareness about OCR and SAMHSA COVID-19 Guidance and Resources (and what they can do to protect patient privacy while providing SUD and MH telehealth services), we suggest reviewing:
- SAMHSA’s COVID-19 Guidance and Resources
- HHS Office of Civil Rights’ Notification of Enforcement Discretion for Telehealth Remote Communications During the COVID- 19 Nationwide Public Health Emergency
- Telepsychiatry’s Role in Medication-Assisted Treatment
- Use of Buprenorphine in the Management of Opioid Dependence in Underserved Communities
American Association on Health and Disability
Psychosocial Centre – International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies